Re: [Amps] Tuner Loss

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>, "Ron Youvan" <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tuner Loss
From: "Shane Youhouse" <kd6vxi@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 09:57:07 -0700

ALSO:  In reading up on 3-1000 and 4-1000 tubes, I noticed that one of
them actually goes into the output network losses, and Eimac puts them
about 10 percent.....  IE, they say the PLATE output power is about 10
percent GREATER than the AMPLIFIER output power.

SO, it made total sense, what Carl was saying...  On a 1500 watt amp, it
would be normal to see 150 + watts 'lost'.

Which is ANOTHER reason I like direct fed antennas.  :)

Guess when you start adding up the losses that way, and using coaxial
cable with the additional losses incurred with it (and the tuna at RADIO
end instead of remote), it's easy to see how the losses add up quickly.
Glad I went ladderline.

--Shane
KD6VXI

--

It's a sad state of affairs when your tubes don't have handles but your
dummy load does.