Re: [Amps] Which hearhkit amp would you choose?

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Which hearhkit amp would you choose?
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@inbox.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 19:42:05 -0700
Ok Carl...
The kit is Heathkit part number 830-94. I is simply to increase the capacity
of the power switch with a relay.

This guy is so miss informed (like me so YOU say) that he installed the
power switch mod AND a Harbaugh step start mod in the same amplifier! Please
see the picture!! BTW, the resistors near the relay are for dropping the
coil voltage when the amp is used on 240 volts. Oh, and Heathkit used the
exact relay for switching the AC in the Heathkit SB-1000.
http://www.pestingers.net/HL2200.htm

Please see Heathkit Mod # HL-2200-4
http://www.tech-systems-labs.com/service/hl2200.txt

I just shake my head Carl...