Re: [Amps] PA efficiency

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PA efficiency
From: "Carey Lockhart, KC5GTT" <kc5gtt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 07:20:26 -0500
i was affraid of that. 58.3%. my gs31 2 meter amplifier i use for a standby
isnt much more efficent than my gs-35 that just croaked. i have been using
these yu1aw designs. have yet to get the rated operating paramters listed. i
dont even have a clue where to start. i am wondering if there is a more
proven design better suited to my skill level. any suggestions?

Carey, kc5gtt