[Amps] PA efficiency

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] PA efficiency
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 07:32:03 -0700
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 12:35:34 +0200
From: "DF3KV" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PA efficiency
To: <amps@contesting.com>

You might have a hard time to reach even 60% efficiency from a VHF/UHF amp

73
Peter

##  point well taken.  I was ref to a hf amp, low bands.   You get the point
though.
One should be able to by careful measurement, be able to calculate eff  within
a few percent.... not within  20%.

##  I have a friend in W7 land who built a hb 6m 8877 amp... and eff
was lousy.  He rebuilt that tank circuit twice again...and a buch of other
mods...
and managed to get it up by a few percent....but it was still lousy.  Turns out
his bird slug was out to lunch, not even close.   With a known, accurate
slug... indicated po  went from 1500w  up to  2200 w.

Jim