Re: [Amps] Hammond HL-2000A

To: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@inbox.com>, "jerome schatten" <romers@shaw.ca>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hammond HL-2000A
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 18:10:00 -0400
The arcing was due to the pi-L design and was corrected by B&W in 2 steps.
Once when they first bought it from Viewstar and then when I was hired as a
consultant. All units after serial 26 were fully updated and others could be
updated if the customer wanted.

I had 2 for a few years and the station won both a 160M contest and a couple
of ARRL and CQ DX and WPX contests. The toroids were fine.

Carl
KM1H