Re: [Amps] RF choke switching

To: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF choke switching
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 22:10:44 -0400
Hi Vic,

For some time now I've mulling over a very similar set-up here...only in my
instance, I was thinking of somehow shorting the bigger inductor whenever I
wanted to use the higher frequency bands, and letting the two chokes stay in
series for operation on 160-meters...

I was hoping to use a 200-uh. solenoid choke for the high frequencies, and a
multi-pi National choke (3.0 mh.?) for Topband.

I wasn't planning on using anything more fancy here for a switching medium than
a manually-inserted (by way of a wooden dowel) shorting banana plug. That, or a
mercury switch that might be somehow made to tilt "on command". I s'pose it'd
be a requirement, too, to somehow mount the coils at right angles to one
another...?

Interesting stuff, indeed...

I sure would be appreciative if you might keep us all informed as to your
progress in this regard, Vic, with my sincerest of thanks in advance...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ