Re: [Amps] [kyham] D-STAR One EMA Director's View

To: "A. W." <ky4sp@yahoo.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [kyham] D-STAR One EMA Director's View
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:57:51 -0400
   SSB and FM were not considered encrypted becasue you could either turn on
your BFO for SSB or
use slope demodulation for FM and at least copy the signal to get an ID.
Remember all the ham receivers then
had BFO's since CW was required to get  a license and CW only was the mode for
just about all beginners.
  Today, you can't report someone using an obscure digital mode, that is one
that you can't just copy with
computer sound card, for QRM because you don't have an ID.

73
Bill wa4lav