Re: [Amps] Using an oil capacitor

To: "Pete Raymond" <n4kwpete@centurylink.net>, "Vic K2VCO" <vic@rakefet.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Using an oil capacitor
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:40:29 -0500
The physical size suggests that it is one of the pulse rated energy storage
types
I have one same value  almost exact same size made by Spraque and it is
labled for Photo Flash
I bought mine cheap when I believed that something for nothing and miracles
did exist.
That is a lot of capacitor in a small space to be conventional oil filled
Before I got a chance to use it I researched it and found the warnings "not
suitable for power supply filters"
Paul K0UYA