[Amps] Henry 2K Classis P/S Question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2K Classis P/S Question
From: Mr Mike <kf8zn@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 03:55:16 -0700 (PDT)
Recently, as in June 19, I bought a Henry 2K Classic, and have a question.

Amp has a dual primary plate/filament xfmr.
For 220v operation, they are of course wired in series.

Henry manual leaves the center connection “floating”

HOWEVER, previous owner has jumpered the center connection of the series
connected
primaries to neutral.

AGAIN, I am talking wiring for 220v operation.

I can’t see any HARM in this, but it deviates from the factory wiring diagram.

Amps works fine, I was mainly wondering if there were any ADVANTAGES to this
method?

Tnx

Mike : AC2Q