[Amps] Risks from continuous discharge of high voltage ??

To: 'AMPS' <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Risks from continuous discharge of high voltage ??
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 13:27:27 +0100
There's an ebay auction for a 100 kV transformer from an x-ray set.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190544288962

I mentioned to the seller he should warn people of possible production of
x-rays. He does not think this possible and I must admit I'm not sure if its
possible without a vacuum. But I've also suggested that it could produce UV and
ozone.

It's clearly being sold as a fun experiment:

"Dangerous but great fun and ideal for lots of interesting experiments."

But at 100 kV, I'm wondering what dangers there are apart from the obvious one
of electrocution.

Somehow I would not want to be playing around too much with 100 kV and drawing
big arcs, but perhaps I'm over reacting.

I've suggested he ads a note that there may be other dangers other than
electrocution.