Re: [Amps] Filament Suppy, Info for G8WRB

To: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filament Suppy, Info for G8WRB
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 12:17:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi David,
  I've tweaked two commercial 5 volt SPS's up to 6 volts in this application.
The only caveat is that the crowbar point needs to be run up in concert.

  I'd surmise that an old (1990's vintage) small (200 watt) computer power
supply could be tweaked up to 6 volts by just adjusting one (fixed) resistor.

  If space was a concern the case could be removed and discarded.  At only 60
watts (4CX1000A heater power) a supply of that ilk may run fine sans the fan.

  As a bonus, +/- 12 (circa 14.5 once the supply is run up) volts will also be
availble for relays or whatever.

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

http://qsl.net/wc6w/