Re: [Amps] High SWR

To: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>, 'AMPS' <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High SWR
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 20:18:18 -0400
 The point is that I think the question was not stated as it should have been,
however, I realize what he really needs to know.
Actually, many of the old transmitters would work just fine with a wide range
of mismatches and thus making the plate tank circuit
part of the antenna system .
  There is much more to resonance that just matching capacitive and inductive
reactances.
It is intereting that before vacuum tubes electrical resonance was well
understood. That is where the name "Tank Ciircuit" came  from.
It is a tank becasue it is a storage system of oscillating electrical energy.
The energy stored is proportional to the Q of the tank circuit.
Q= Stored energy divided by the energy  leaving (loss) the each cycle.  It is
also equal to the resonant frequency divided by the
-3dB bandwidth.

73
Bill wa4lav