Re: [Amps] AC filament voltage regulator

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AC filament voltage regulator
From: John G3UUT <amps@grebe.plus.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:31:22 +0100
Interesting idea using an opto-coupler but I think it would be too
non-linear to give you a good RMS response especially on low heater
voltages where the turn on threshold of the infrared LED is a
significant part of the heater voltage.

The AD736JNZ is £5.16 +20% tax (~ $10) from RS components in the UK,
somewhat more than you would pay fro a 741, but in terms of other high
cost items in an amp I would not call it expensive.

I had enough of messing around with bulbs and CdS resistors many years
ago when trying to stabilize sine wave oscillators :-) .

John