Re: [Amps] Supply question

Subject: Re: [Amps] Supply question
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:14:30 -0700
Urban legend and a few old hands have it that the 3-500Z is the
exception - the anode has the getter material.

Since all the newer-style ceramic triodes most certainly do have the
getter in the cathode, (and assuming the legend is true) I wonder if the
difference has to do with design age or glass vs ceramic/metal?  It
would be interesting to know if where the getter gets in a 4-1000A or
3-1000.

73,
Jim, N7CXI