Re: [Amps] MRFE6VP Datasheet

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MRFE6VP Datasheet
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:49:42 -0400
> On the other hand a CW wave is actually a 50% square wave, producing
> in effect a 50% duty cycle.

CW is only a 50% duty cycle if one is transmitting a string of dits.
For alternating dits and dahs, the duty cycle is 66% (on for four dot
periods and off for two dot periods).  When one moves to text the duty
cycle will reduce due to the addition of letter and word spaces but
since the number of dits and dahs in text are generally similar, the
duty cycle will be about 60% (assuming a "typical" five character per
word average).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV