Re: [Amps] Alpha 76a

To: "ROBERT HARMON" <k6uj@pacbell.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76a
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 19:57:59 -0400
Mine is a 3 holer PA that had a hard former life in a Caribbean contest
station. It was given to me as payment for fixing their other amps and I put
it back together as new....almost.

I run at 1200-1300W maximum and keep the grid current and drive as low as
possible to get there. Since it is the 2nd station amp it gets very light
duty except when chasing new ones on several bands.
The primary amp is still a LK-500ZC Ive had since 86.

While swapping to a pair of 3CX800's is simple enough even those are not
cheap as medical pulls and at some finite date Eimac will kill those also.

Carl
KM1H