Re: [Amps] RF on audio using 374A

To: kc0hfl@cox.net, km1h@jeremy.mv.com, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF on audio using 374A
From: K8MLM@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 04:56:27 -0400 (EDT)
Have you considered the dynamic bias circuit on the Alpha?

I have an old Alpha 77 with dynamic bias that had a choppy sounding audio
problem. I think the Alpha 374A may employ the same circuit as the Alpha
77.  My original dynamic bias board didn't have an dynamic bias  adjustment,
carbon comp resistors were old and the board was probably out of
specification.  I noticed that newer boards had a pot in place of a  critical
resistor.
 I replaced mine with a pot and adjusted it until the  transition from
cut-off bias to operating bias was smoother and the choppy  sounding audio went
away.

Bob
K8MLM

In a message dated 9/14/2011 9:02:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,