[Amps] Thanks: Was Any QRO Ops wearing defibrilators

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Thanks: Was Any QRO Ops wearing defibrilators
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:40:18 -0500
On 11/18/2011 4:09 PM, Roger wrote:

Thanks to all that replied both off and on list. Both suggestions,
experience, knowledge and even manufacturers of the different defibs has
helped me make an informed decision as to what would be best.  I also
now know that it's possible to run QRO and do modern welding  while
having an implanted defib.  Now I just have to remember to made sure
they don't put the thing where I mount a high powered rifle or shotgun.
That might hurt! <:-))

I have discovered the local surgeon who does implants typically uses any
of the 3 most popular implants including the St Jude.

They have  much more up-to-date RFI exposure recommendations AND a
tutorial to aid those who weld than the generic folder the
Cardiologist's office handed out.  This includes how to minimize
exposure to the substantial magnetic fields generated from the large
currents flowing in the welding leads.

73

Roger (K8RI)