Re: [Amps] best deal for Mallory caps?

Subject: Re: [Amps] best deal for Mallory caps?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 18:33:32 -0800
On 12/4/2011 6:19 PM, Carl wrote:
> There was never any mention about an open cap until I brought it up
> and I sort of doubt you have ever seen one.
> Nice try anyway.

It would appear that your only purpose in life to try to make others
look bad. The result is that you're making yourself look like one of our
do-nothing congressmen! The original query was about a power supply with
hum, and wanting to replace all the caps. I observed that it is rarely
necessary to replace all of them, and that one can easily find the bad
cap by looking for one that charges and discharges much less than the
others when excited with an Ohmmeter.  If that isn't looking for an open
cap, I don't know what it is.  And yes, in my 56  years as a ham, I've
seen some.

73, Jim K9YC