Re: [Amps] SB-220 filament pin cooling was: Re: Replacing 3-500Z tubes w

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 filament pin cooling was: Re: Replacing 3-500Z tubes with 4-400A tubes
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:04:39 -0500
The melting was occurring inside the pins, not in the wiring of the
socket. I used good high-temperature silver solder to do the resoldering.

Interesting point about the Harbach fan - it certainly makes a lot more
noise, so I figured it must be moving more air.  Oh well...

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 AND now
at arcluster.reversebeacon.net port 7000