Re: [Amps] Anti-Corona Paint

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Anti-Corona Paint
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 10:20:58 -0500
   Eddy VE3COO - VE3XX Swynar wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good substitute for the old reddish-brown anti-corona
> brush-on dope that was sold under the trade name of, I believe, "Glyptul"...?

> My local jobber has re-located---I'm curious if there might be some kind of
> common automotive "...reasonable facsimile" that I'm unaware of...?

   Depending on use, I use "Red silicone `gasket maker" compound" from the auto
parts stores and
Walmart for most of my sealing, gluing and protection jobs.  Once cured it is
very insulative.
I think it does not produce any acetic acid as it cures, but there are several
brands and they
differ slightly in color and texture, some might.  (produce acetic acid as it
cures)
   You must degrease and dry the surfaces before use.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Did you know ...
                  ... that no-one ever reads these things?