[Amps] Anti Corona Paint

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Anti Corona Paint
From: Edwin Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 14:45:24 -0600
Not sure if this will help, but just a tip from your old uncle Ed ...

When a high school student, I worked at a TV shop. We sometimes would
affect a
repair to flyback transformer (tube type sets, remember them) by
removing the wires
from some 300 ohm twin lead. Ignite the brown insulation and allow the
effluent to drip
onto the transformer windings. Presto, problem solved at almost zero cost.

Not sure if this is applicable to the situation at hand but it certainly
works for cheap
HV insulation. Also, Glyptol was dropped onto tuning slugs and other
adjustments to
keep them from drifting around, and see if you messed with the tuning.
Duco cement
did the same thing, but is clear. A slight effort breaks the seal and
you can retune the
device. But of course the warranty might not be honored.

Never heard of Glyptol as HV or anti corona dope. But I led a sheltered
life.

Happy New Year to all ... !

ed K0KL