Re: [Amps] Stripline design

To: kg7hf@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stripline design
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 22:08:10 -0500 (EST)
Paul, adding some C at the short end of the stripline will also lower the
resonant frequency by simulating a higher tube anode capacitance.

This can be done by adding a small piece of stripline material at right
angles to the end of the main stripline. The closer the added piece is to the
end wall of the cavity the more C and lowered frequency.

The added piece can be any size from a couple of inches X one inch to the
full width of the stripline by one half to one inch in height. More height
and  width =  more C =  lower frequency.

Another way to lower the resonant frequency is to remove some of the
fingerstock fingers. Fewer fingers =  more inductance =  lower  frequency. But,
each remaining finger has to carry more rf current and that  increases losses.

There are lot's of ways to make this work!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/5/2012 8:53:31 P.M. Central Standard Time,