[Amps] 15 uh chokes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 15 uh chokes
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:31:36 -0800
From: "rick darwicki" <n6pe@yahoo.com>
To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 10:00 PM

Hi all,

Alpha shows 15uh chokes in several places in the 78 and after the plate
choke in the 76.

The choke in my 76 is about 1/4" dia and 3/8"long and has at most 30 turns.
It appears to be a simple phenolic form and calc'ing it I don't see where it
could be more than 3 uh. The 78 also has one in the relay closure sensing
line. The parts list indicates 15uh at 1 amp.

It almost seems like they should be 1.5 uh at this physical size. Other
Alpha schematics show 15 uh chokes too.

Any thoughts?

Rick, N6PE

##  real easy,  just measure it with ur lcr meter.  I use a b+k 875-B.  You can
zero out
the uh of the meter leads with it as well.  Then measure down to .1 uh  if you
want.  It will
also measure down to .1 pf.   It's my #1 tool when playing with amps.

later... Jim   VE7RF