Re: [Amps] reducing the reactance of a wirewound resistor

To: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, "Vic K2VCO" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] reducing the reactance of a wirewound resistor
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:56:40 -0500
Decades ago I built a load with two100 Ohm, 200W size glass resistors. It
worked well to 6M after using a mica trimmer to cancel the small reactance,
measuring and replacing with a larger fixed mica.

They were placed in a metal can and filled 3/4 of the way up in good old
tasty PCB's courtesy of a utility company road crew.

Carl
KM1H