Re: [Amps] Grid current protection HELP

To: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid current protection HELP
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:15:43 -0800
That would make more sense, Al. There is also the issue with figure 2 in
the article (the reflected power protection interface). It shows the
output of the comparator going to pin4 of the 555 timer, but in figure 1
pin 4 is shown connected to the regulator output, so there must be an
error there as well. Perhaps it is supposed to be implicit in his
instructions that pin 4 gets disconnected from the +15V buss before it
gets connected to the output of the comparator. Even so, using the reset
pin for excessive reflected power wouldn't make sense. What I think
would make more sense is if the comparator (+) and (-) sense inputs were
reversed and the comparator output was connected to pin 2 of the 555. In
that case, the series diode in the output of the comparator circuit
would have to be reversed so that only allowed the comparator to sink
current into its output when there was excessive reflected power. K6XX
must have forgotten to incorporate a bunch of red lines into these
schematics.