Re: [Amps] question for you experts...

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <garyschafer@comcast.net>, "'Kathy Bookmiller'" <wb2aio@yahoo.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] question for you experts...
From: "Lennart M" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:34:51 +0200

Being far from an expert but a ham for more than 50 yrs and having spent my
entire life working with RF I would say:
A DC short circuit at the output of an amplifier (with lethal plate voltage)
is a must.
Many transmitters operates in an on/off mode. At no circumstances there
should be a chance for plate high voltage to appear at the antenna
connection. Why? Obvious!
In some cases DC build up at the antenna port may ruin the out/input of a
TRX.
This DC can come from large antennas acting as antennas for thunder storms
passing by. Always keep antennas at DC ground - all the way from the antenna
switch to the transceiver.
Period.
73
Len