Re: [Amps] [Boatanchors] SB 200 problem

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>, "'RAY FRIESS'" <rayfrijr@msn.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, "'boatanchors'" <boatanchors@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Boatanchors] SB 200 problem
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 14:07:07 +0300
A better replacement would be a new pair of schottky diodes' something like
1N5711.
I had the same problem with the coupler in the TS 140 I use. After repeated
breakdowns I replaced both and all my troubles went away. The threshold
voltage of the Schottky diodes is closer to the germanium diodes so the
scale calibration is preserved.
They are also practically burnout proof.
Alex    4Z5KS