Re: [Amps] Antenna tuner loss

To: "Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Antenna tuner loss
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 12:30:40 -0400
I guess mine was before yours. I was in AF Mars while in HS and scrapped a
pair of BC-610's plus got other parts to build PP 250TH's with 810
modulators driven by a Johnson Viking I. This was in 1957 and sold it all in
63 when I left the Navy and moved to MA and National Radio.

Shortly after that was built I had a HB W2EWL, 10A, and 10B  into various
small monoband amps and eventually a HT-37 into GG 4-400A's followed by a
much more compact NCL-2000 which is still in use at a vintage station clone
here.

Since my later primary interests were DX and contesting a big HB amp didnt
fit the requirements so store bought was the only way to get it all in one
small package for quick QSY and band changing.

My VHF thru microwave amps are all HB or modified surplus which takes up a
lot of space.

Now with the boatanchors and HB AM amps adding to the mess Im just about
saturated and have started thinning the herd.

Carl
KM1H