Re: [Amps] Dummy Load Blues

To: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dummy Load Blues
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:25:45 -0700 (PDT)
Many electric companies will not give out information as to supervisors, etc.
 If you happen to know someone who works for the electric company you might get
that person to find out for you.  But, calling the service telephone number
will normally get you stone-walled.  Most service centers, other than the
center that rebuilds transformers, normally stock large quantities of
transformer oil because the personnel routinely service the "pole pigs"
(distribution transformers) and, as such, do require a quantity of transformer
oil.  The personnel who man those centers are usually "pretty laid back" and
will work with you.

When I was with TXU, the secretary of the vice-president on the division was
responsible for creating and maintaining the private company telephone
directory which listed everyone from the supervisor level through the CEO
including their home addresses, cellular telephone numbers, home phone numbers,
etc. as well as the company information.  Although I was "in the field" most of
the time, whenever I was "in the office", she would ask me to help with the
directory.  Since I have a wife and 3-daughters, she said that I was "well
trained"!  The result was that, for several years until TXU eliminated the
Telecommunications Department (I was a consultant for two-way radio, microwave
radio, and data infrastructure), I ended up with a number of these private
directories.  I was cautioned to "guard those with my life" because the
information contained therein was definitely private.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com