Re: [Amps] Dummy Load Blues

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dummy Load Blues
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:55:04 -0700 (PDT)
My actual experience was QUITE the opposite.  They were most accommodating.
This was very recently, in the past year or two.

If they're reluctant to give out the name & contact information of the
supervisor or forward your call to him/her, I fail to understand how a person
would get /any/ cooperation in getting a gallon of xfmr oil.  I expect this
would be the case especially if a person just showed up w/o calling ahead.
IMO, better to ask the question and get stonewalled than to not ask the
question and take a chance at being given the bum's rush.  It couldn't hurt to
ask first.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

"Many electric companies will not give out information as to supervisors, etc.
If you happen to know someone who works for the electric company you might get
that person to find out for you.  But, calling the service telephone number
will normally get you stone-walled..."