Re: [Amps] filament instant heating query / simple remedy

To: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament instant heating query / simple remedy
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@knology.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 08:40:47 -0400
Has anyone tried an approach like Carel, PC5M, with a microprocessor
controlled soft start for the filament.  The microprocessor controls an
optical triac driver  The triac is turned on and off over an increasing
portion of the line AC cycle until full on is reached. His
microprocessor program does this in 100 sec.  It is designed only for
soft start and does not do any regulation of the filament voltage after
full output is reached.

David
KW4DH