Re: [Amps] filament instant heating query / simple remedy

To: <oz5tg@post2.tele.dk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament instant heating query / simple remedy
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:41:02 -0400
   One interesting thing about carbon and even more useful the graphite
form of carbon.
All the oxides of carbon are gaseous. CO and CO2. So if the filament is
heated while pumping out
the oxides formed by the hot filament are also pumped out with nitrogen and
other gasses.
   This makes this material very useful in high vacuum systems under
certain conditions.
73
Bill wa4lav