Re: [Amps] Amplified TV Antenna

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplified TV Antenna
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 10:03:02 -0700
On 7/6/2012 11:13 AM, Jerry Kaidor wrote:
>   Need a little advice here.

I get excellent results from an old standby 4x2 bow-tie with reflector.
It's a broadband UHF antenna, but also gets enough high-band VHF signal
that the set solidly decodes Ch 8 from about 40 miles away.  I have it
on a 20 ft rat shack mast just outside the shack, only 20 ft from my
160M vertical. 80/40 dipole is directly overhead up 110 ft. I've never
seen or heard even the slightest problem with it.  There's a Channel
Master mast-mounted preamp on it, and the feedline coming to the shack
has a multi-turn ferrite choke, per the recommendations in my RFI tutorial.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

I'd bet that the choke would solve your problem too.

73, Jim K9YC