Re: [Amps] Amplified TV Antenna

Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplified TV Antenna
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:54:17 -0700
A related "gotcha":
Many people are under the impression that OTA television is now strictly
UHF, and lots of UHF-only "HDTV ready" antennas are sold. It isn't true,
though. There are still stations operating ATSC on channels 2-13.
(54-216mHz)

Now why many or most stations chose (or were directed) to give up their
long-standing VHF channels and move to UHF for their ATSC transmitters,
I don't know. Completely OT, but I'd like to know just because I like to
know these things. Less steel and aluminum in the air for a given ERP?

73,
Jim N7CXI