Re: [Amps] Amplified TV Antenna

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplified TV Antenna
From: W2XJ <w2xj@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 22:17:02 -0400
To a degree, yes. It is that the newer DTV tuner chips perform better
under multipath conditions where NTSC was very sensitive to ghosts and
required a very directional antenna. With DTV, scanning does not work
that well when there are stations in multiple directions. In such cases
an omni antenna is required. When the transmitters are in one general
direction but not exactly in the same location, a vertically stacked
bowtie is best. DTV requires re-thinking what we have accepted as VHF
and UHF propagation.