Re: [Amps] Filament Xfmr

To: km1h@jeremy.mv.com, n4kwpete@centurylink.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filament Xfmr
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 14:15:51 -0400 (EDT)
You will notice at looking at the NEC ampacity table it is categorized by
the type of insulation on the wire.  They generally do not cover the types
of wire found within devices, only those used in electrical construction.
Simply saying #14 wire handles 15A is rather vague  unless we know exactly
the type of wire and the insulation on it.  Although the insulation changes
the ampacity a bit, it is not worlds away. You would be surprised if you
looked  at the ampacity  of wire in free air however.

In a message dated 7/8/2012 1:50:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,