Re: [Amps] Neon xfmr for HiPot

To: "Colin Lamb" <k7fm@teleport.com>, "Bill,W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Neon xfmr for HiPot
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:14:36 -0400
Excellent point Colin and good HV and high value resistors have been
available from Ohmite for several years at low cost and up to 20KV, 2.5W,
and in the $5 range at Mouser.

Since its not a good idea to use the metering string as a bleeder also, that
needs to be added.

Plus the current limiter to the DUT is another HV resistor.

Parts multiply when trying to be safe.

Carl
KM1H

Carl