[Amps] Drake L4B 50K Resistors HOT!!

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L4B 50K Resistors HOT!!
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 22:02:53 -0700
I was just repairing a Drake L4B that I picked up from my want listing on
QTH.com. I just happened to measure the temperature of the 50K 50 watt
resistors in the power supply with my infrared thermometer and WOW!!

The middle of the resistors run 510 degrees f !!  I could not believe it!

Needless to say there outta here!  I won’t need them anyway. I’m using the amp
to prototype my QSK board for the Drake L4-L7 amplifiers that will use resistor
cutoff bias instead of the +120 volts that the resistors provide.

73
Jim W7RY