Re: [Amps] IMD test question

To: rstealey@hotmail.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] IMD test question
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 09:03:05 -0400 (EDT)
Way back when I was a rock bound novice I would know when certain others
had come on the air.  I could hear their key clicks throughout the 80m
novice band.  Everybody knew when I was on the air too because I was using  a
modified ARC-5 with the external crystal controlled oscillator.  The
oscillator could be heard in between me keying up the final.  My oscillator
would be
an S7 and my keyed signal S9.  I was a dead give away.

In a message dated 8/3/2012 8:52:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rstealey@hotmail.com writes:

K7FM says:
> You are attacked by his lemmings who,
> without any support assert that your receiver is overloaded and you  do
not
> know what you are doing.

Usually the lemmings  tell you you are full of it, because he "sounds fine
to me here."

When  I was working on my FT1000MP with the key clicks  I asked several
guys  on
the air if they coould hear my clicks.  No one had a clue, that  they
needed to tune up
and down the band to listen for the clicks.  I  venture to guess that not
one ham in 100
understands this simple concept  (readers of this reflector excepted, of
course).
It can be very  frustrating.

Rick  K2XT