Re: [Amps] Available Class A in Yaesu

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Available Class A in Yaesu
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 17:23:43 -0400
On 8/18/2012 7:22 AM, Charles Harpole wrote:

> Correction:  xcvrs with choice to xmit Class A are, at least, the following:
> FT-1000MP Mark V, FT-9000Contest, FT-9000d, and FT-9000MP.

Don't forget the 5000 series.  I run mine class A when driving the amp
which is most of the time when chasing DX.
Complete dual receivers so I usually monitor 6 while chasing DX on the
other bands.

73

Roger (K8RI)

   The latter three also have a bias adjustment on the front panel to
slide Class A downward away from pure Class A in SSB or CW modes.  I
burned up a Mark V by running it full Class A (only choice on that rig)
and at about 40 watts... great techs tried to fix it and it blew two
more sets of finals before I lost track of it.  Morale, do not run a
Mark V in Class A.  Today, I own K3f, FT-9000d, and IC-7800, as well as
KWM-2A, and several other rigs.  Very fun to compare them.GL 73