Re: [Amps] Multiple Amplifier Switching Box

To: Amps List <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Multiple Amplifier Switching Box
From: James Durham <jimdur@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:27:58 -0400
Ummm.,  I believe the original poster was talking about using power splitters
at the input and combiners at the output of two medium-power amps to
achieve QRO with less expensive amps.

We had a 30kw Harris TV rig that ran 30 1kw amps this way on Ch 13 and
15 1kw amps for aural and worked nicely. You could pull any amp and fix it
while staying
on the air. Nice rig, but probably in the junk pile now due to HDTV.

-- Jim , W2XO