Re: [Amps] RF insulating materials - engineered plastics

To: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF insulating materials - engineered plastics
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:32:13 -0600
Dave
It would be nice to have the time and a wide variety of materials to do this.
Everyone seems to have a pet material for RF insulators. I did the measurements
for materials i use on my job. All were readily available from any plastic
supplier in most cities. While not free, small pieces are not going to break
the bank either. They are amazing materials, if you need the RF, thermal or
mechanical performance. That said, I would be happy to test any samples provide
to me as long as they are cut in the same geometry in order to make good
comparisons. It is not an absolute but only relative measurement that I did.

73
John
K5PRO