Re: [Amps] Zener Screen Regulators

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Zener Screen Regulators
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 23:50:57 -0400
  Al AB2ZY Kozakiewicz wrote:

By definition, current flow is the flow of charges.  The fact that negative
charges are embodied by a particle (an electron) is interesting, but irrelevant.

Negative charges flow in one direction; positive in another.  The use of the
direction of positive charges as the direction of positive current flow is
entirely arbitrary.  But it is the convention and is every bit as valid as the
inverse.

I was taught that electricity is the flow if electrons in one direction, I think charges exist and change but I never head of charges "flowing" and holes flow in the other direction.

Conventional current flow {reverse of electron flow} (used by Heath ?, GE, colleges) was a from pre-electronics battery charging times. The operation of the CRT disproves conventional current flow if nothing leading up to it does. Why many college professors STILL teach conventional current flow has mystified me for over 50 years.
--
   73 Ron KA4INM - All E-mail sent to this address shall linger in the Google
cloud forever!