Re: [Amps] Beware of seller orzel-enterprises on eBay

To: "'David Kirkby'" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>, "'amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Beware of seller orzel-enterprises on eBay
From: "Paul" <w8aef@q.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:47:10 -0700
>From my experience UPS would have been at fault for destroying your
shipment.

I sold an FT-1000 to a ham in New Jersey (I'm in Arizona).  It was packed
very well by myself.

Unfortunately FedEx had closed my local pickup point so I shipped via UPS.

The rear of the radio was damaged in shipment and the buyer complained to
UPS and myself.  UPS said defective packing and refused responsibility.  I
refunded the purchase price, including one-way shipping.  I asked the buyer
to return in via FedEx.  The buyer had the radio professionally packed but
returned it via UPS and when I received it in more closely resembled a ball
than a box.

In addition to the damaged rear panel they had somehow managed to put a bend
in the top panel, a gouge in the front panel and broke the PROC/DRIVE
control.

Of course UPS claimed defective packing.

I have concluded that UPS is involved in a continuous labor dispute and this
is the way the workers get back at management.

And that is why I no longer ship via UPS and specify no UPS on my orders.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2JI/ZF2TA  FO8DX/FO8PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A  VU7RG/VU3PYM  TX5C  A52PP