Re: [Amps] Load testing HV power supplies

To: Chris Wilson <chris@chriswilson.tv>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Load testing HV power supplies
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:35:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Chris,
  A large resistor load bank.

  I made one myself with a 4 position selector switch.  The switch had to be
heavily snubbed to prevent arcing.

  I used some 225 watt resistors in series.  I have enough left to build
another unit if you are interested.

  Look near the bottom of this page:

http://qsl.net/wc6w/wc6wfsw/index.html?fr33.html

73 & Good morning,