Re: [Amps] hunter 2000c

To: amps@contesting.com, cchedrick@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] hunter 2000c
From: John Becker <johnb3030@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 23:54:02 -0500
Filament voltage for 3-400z is 5 VAC, but I'm reading only 3 VAC on each
wire feeding the filament choke and going to each tube.  Ideas?
Thanks,
Cam
WA4JKW

I built one of these from a kit for the W9BGX Northwestern University club station in about 1966. In the remaining time I was there, we only had a couple of problems with it. The output started dropping off and I found the solder connections on the filament choke assembly were bad. This was a pre-built assembly, the choke and some lugs and a mounting bracket, not something that had been soldered in building the kit. After re-soldering the lugs, the amp put out more power than it had when it was new. I also had to re-solder the filament pins on at least one of the tubes. I think I remember that it had gone completely open.

73, John, K9MM