[Amps] Odd Problem with SB-201

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Odd Problem with SB-201
From: "Mike Baker" <k7dd@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 14:31:24 -0700
I have an odd situation that I could use some input on.
I reworked an SB-201 with the various Harbaugh mods and boards. New PS, soft
start, soft keying, protection diodes across the meter, glitch resistor. All
looked good and all seemed to work fine save for two issues.
1. The soft keying now seems to have a delay in the relay dropping back into
receive of a few seconds.
2. The most problematic.  For some odd reason 40 meters is not receiving
drive like it should. Like the input tuning network is now out of band or
??? All other bands seem fine. The input switch seems to be fine and not
open.

The only other change I made was to replace the original plate choke with a
new RFC that looks like a generic design single layer wound on a ceramic
dowel form and added a choke decoupling/bypass cap that screws to the
chassis.
Changing the plate choke and bypass cap shouldn't have any effect on the
driving ability of the input network should it?
I am stumped and could use some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Baker  K7DD