Re: [Amps] plate voltage meter shunt

Subject: Re: [Amps] plate voltage meter shunt
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 08:38:36 +0800
Here are the specs for Panasonic MOF resistors. I used the 5W variety in my amp project. They are rated at 500V. The 1/2W have a 300V rating and the 1W - 3W all have 350V.

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/pdf/AOA0000CE18.pdf

Somewhere on one of my computers, I have/had a chart of specs for some Chinese MOF resistors but I can't find it at the moment. I'll no doubt stumble across it when I'm searching for something else. Anyway, from memory, the 5W model in that table is rated at 750V.

Dunno what type of resistor you are using but it is quite easy to find ones which are rated at higher than 200V.

Good luck with the project.

73, Alek.
VK6APK