Re: [Amps] Ten-Tec Centurion Design Flaw?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ten-Tec Centurion Design Flaw?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 03:19:28 -0800
On 12/2/2012 9:50 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:
Does anyone have any insight why Ten-Tec did this? Is there enough loading
capacitance in a stock Centurion for 160 meters?

I'm only guessing, Jim, but maybe take a look at what else is being switched at the same time (like the inductors, and the output configuration). It is my understanding that Ten Tec amps are Pi-L only on the lower bands, which changes the network design, and may impact what values of C are needed back in the tank.

73, Jim K9YC